Subvrsive is an immersive innovation studio based in Austin, TX. In addition to breakfast tacos and barbecue, we have a passion for using tomorrow's technologies to solve today's problems on behalf of our clients. With deep roots in VR and AR – and a history of game-changing interactive solutions – we work with businesses, brands, nonprofits, and agencies of all shapes and sizes to bring ambitious ideas to life. Our portfolio of past work includes various immersive training experiences, advanced XR concepts, marketing and live event experiences, internal company training tools, 360 video capture and custom web players, branded TikTok and Snapchat filters, and much more!
Role & Responsibility
We are looking to add a Senior-level Unreal Engineer (full-time remote, with the option for hybrid work if located near our Austin, TX offices) to our team. Professional working experience within Unreal, C++ and Blueprints is a requirement.
Our ideal candidate would be able to:
- Build and maintain XR (VR/AR/MR) immersive software solutions in Unreal engine.
- Research advanced immersive technology libraries and topics, and incorporate them into our bleeding edge solutions.
- Work alongside creative team to achieve stunning visuals within the engine
- Think innovatively, and problem solve in areas of tech without much precedent.
- Collaborate and work cohesively with members of different disciplines (Design, Production, QA, etc.)
- Interact and cooperate with client side development teams.
- Work directly with clients to understand their requirements and provide guidance as needed.
- Work independently and see a project through from initial concept to delivery, while providing regular updates to the rest of our remote team.
- Provide rough development estimates based on client requirements.
- Conduct code reviews and follow best OOP practices.
- Manage and mentor other immersive developers on the team.
- Be agile and able to jump between multiple projects as needed.
- Quickly create and iterate on prototypes and proof of concepts.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable code.
Our ideal candidate would have...
- At least 2-3 years of professional development experience in Unreal, C++ and Blueprints.
- A portfolio of projects available on GitHub or elsewhere (Code samples a plus).
- A STRONG interest in new and emerging technologies.
- Experience working on a Virtual Production video project
- Experience architecting, modifying and writing platform and engine level code.
- Strong 3D math skills.
- Experience working with game assets (shaders, materials, meshes, animations).
- Experience with source control systems such as GIT in a multi developer team
- Previous experience working at an agency is a plus.
Nice to have, but not required:
- Experience using Unity Engine (C#)
If hired, you can...
- Work remotely (with the occasional travel to our offices in Austin once it 's safe to do so)
- Work flexible hours, as long as you're available for meetings within the standard work day (9-5 CST).
- A group of inspired people dedicated to changing how companies and people engage with technology
- A place where employees are trusted to work independently
- A company who has outgrown the pains of being a startup, but without the overbearing feeling of a larger company
- A company who has retained its culture even with the transition to being remote
- A bunch of music lovers
You can learn more about Subvrsive and see some of our past works at subvrsive.com.