Thirteen Games is looking for a Senior Level 2D illustrator to unleash their full creative potential through the creation of key art and in-game assets for Nova Island. Are you a passionate artist who wants to help us showcase our world building and backstory lore? Join the team today and become an important driver of our unique IP!
In this position, you’ll:
- Be a key part of a small passionate team of proven industry professionals
- Help define the creative aesthetic of Nova Island
- Enrich our game world with consistent, high-quality art
- Be challenged with the task of helping to grow a new & unique IP
$80-$120k a year depending on experience level & availability
What you'll be doing
- Lead the charge in how Nova Island’s Art is visually presented to the world.
- Work with leadership to define the visual style, voice and personalities of the characters that inhabit our world.
- Familiarize yourself with our game’s backstory and lore, so that you may help visualize unexplored parts of our universe in unique and progressive ways.
- Create key marketing art pieces that will be the face of Nova Island as we bring in thousands of new users over the coming months.
- Work with Community & Marketing Managers to help create compelling marketing art pieces that enhance our marketing, community events and re-engagement campaigns.
- Collaborate with Animation & UI/UX Leads to create in-game assets for character animations, VFX, icons, menus systems and more.
- Assist Art Director in consulting, training, and assisting company projects in improving the quality of graphics within your specialty
- Meet with the team daily and be active on our company Discord server.
- Manage your deliverables & workflow via our Notion database & productivity software.
- Play the game regularly to keep up with the latest changes, metas and character mechanics.
What we’re looking for!
- 3+ years experience making art for games
- (even better if experienced with live service games)
- Expert level Digital Painting skills
- Photoshop / or Clip Studio mastery
- Experience with creating both raster & vector images for scalability
- Color theory & lighting / rendering proficiency
- Ability to take underlying game mechanics and systems and express them narratively through visual traits, personality and metaphor
- Able to produce art in different styles and workflows as needed for the goals of the project
- Clean Asset management & organization skills
- Confident artistic communication & critique skills
- Ability to present concepts and ideas as they fit into the greater whole of the game design
- capable of taking quick feedback and adapting designs to an organic live service game workflow
- An understanding of art’s role in the cycle of game development
- Someone who:
- Is self motivated and loves creating compelling art in a unique world
- Is comfortable working in an agile work environment
- Is positive and optimistic about games and our duty to craft meaningful experiences for players across the globe
- Experience creating live service mobile game assets & key art
- Proficiency in Asset integration in Unity
- You’ve worked on a shipped & serviced Mobile Game Title
- You’ve played and enjoyed Nova Island!
- A desire to be a part of a company that aggressively cares to affect positive change in the games industry.
- Fully Remote - Digital Office Space with Virtual Personal Desk, Custom Workspaces and Chatrooms for various collaborative coworking opportunities all integrated into a Custom Discord Server
- Flexible working hours for PST - EST time zones
- Healthcare, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Yearly Company Retreats
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as a new Senior 2D Artist? Then we’d love to hear about you!
We’re an indie studio determined to put our unique stamp on mobile gaming. We focus on a friendly, collaborative, and balanced work environment with our fully remote team. Innovation is our favorite word, and we think the number 13 is lucky. We have big plans and are looking for the right person to help us build the future of Thirteen Games!
Nova Island is a mobile online card game that combines aspects of PvP battlers, chess, poker, stock markets, and life into a strategic, fast-paced experience. Featuring:
- 90 dynamic in-game characters ready for the spotlight.
- A product of more than 30 contributors over the past 2+ years.
- Currently available worldwide in the App Store and Google Play Store
- 100k downloads with limited marketing
- 4+ rating