“CAN YOU MAKE THE LOGO BIGGER, PLZ”
We’re looking for an art lead to oversee all things pretty at Those Awesome Guys on the marketing and publishing side of things!
Our art lead would supervise and have definitive approval of all the assets coming out of our wonderful creative team. From fancy pitchdecks to thumbstopper social medias assets, including overseeing trailers, merchandising, and more, you’ll guide their focus and creative designs in adherence to visual branding identity guidelines and work hand-in-hand with the marketing and publishing teams.
And since we’re in indie games, we encourage a punk side to any creative endeavors!
Who we be
… aaaaaand POST
Objectives of this role
- Oversee the art department by assigning & scheduling tasks, reviewing work & mentoring creative staff
- Establish art department standards for production, productivity, quality, and client service
- Ensure the creative team adheres to current processes, identifies opportunities for improvement, and proposes and creates processes and tools to support design operations
- Collaborate with the marketing and publishing teams in developing creative plans and aligning team priorities with business objectives so that high-quality work is delivered on time and on budget
- Develop presentation approaches, styles, and techniques for the team
- Analyze market trends, consumer needs, and the competitor landscape, and track campaign performance
- Work with the entire team on a creative audit to develop innovative artistic approaches for all of our company projects
- Conceptualize campaign vision, harnessing original graphics, website content, social media, and other marketing materials
- Develop creative briefs based on ideas from brainstorming sessions, with direction, schedules, and deliverables for the creative team
- Delegate projects to in-house designers and oversee workflow
- Oversee presentation of final concepts and coordinate with both the marketing and publishing teams for final decision making on deliverables
- Oversee concept and delivery of assets handled externally by our partners (i.e. trailers)
- This is a full time, contract based position
- Based in the CET timezone, +/- 2-3 hours
- At least 2 years of experience in the creative field as a senior lead artist or art lead
- Ability to drive a team to focus on the most important tasks and adapt quickly to changes
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud
- Exceptional ability in layout and visual prototyping
- Skilled in leading a team of creatives and ability to deliver feedback
- Strong creative vision with a focus on business objectives
- A natural curiosity for graphic trends with the video games demographic, including social medias
- Solid knowledge of the video game industry, especially indie games
- A background in advertising
- A love for all things possum-related (not mandatory tho)
How to Apply
We don’t judge based on diplomas, so if you want to catch our attention, show us what you did/what you can do! Please use our online form to submit your application and we’ll be in touch starting middle of January 2023!
Good luck! Keep being awesome!
Founded by Nicolae (Xelu) Berbece, THOSE AWESOME GUYS is a fiercely independent game development and publishing “studio” made up of people from all around the world.
Our purpose is to be the kind of developers and publishers we’d support as gamers.
Super Mini Mart (Blazing Panda) is your 100% fresh, 100% chill round-the-corner supermarket sim. Stock, supervise, manage and get to know your colorful clientele-to-be in this sweet, stress-free management game!
Deepest Chamber (Balcony Softworks) is a deck building game with roguelike elements set in a fantasy world where peril lurks at every step. Keep your cards close to your chest as you encounter droves of battle-hardened foes that will stop at nothing to turn your underground dwelling into a burial ground.
You have 3 weeks to get a date for Monster Prom (Beautiful Glitch)! Go through absurd and funny situations, raise your stats and seduce one of your classmates. Beautiful art, bold, unapologetic dialogue and hard choices make up this Multiplayer (1-4 players) Dating Sim. Be your worst self.