THREAKS are looking for a Unity Lead Engineer to support our services team. As a lead engineer your role is to design, build and configure our projects software architecture to meet business process and application requirements. You will direct the development team in design, development, testing and debugging of the game. For this, you will work closely with other departments such as art and design to achieve best-in-class results. You will report directly to your Lead, our CTO.
We are looking for a full-time hire. The position can be either on-site or remote, however you must be located in (or willing to relocate to) Germany.
- Work in a small, motivated team to deliver state-of-the-art game projects
- Help build a team for a new, challenging project
- Build & take ownership for architecture of core game systems
- Develop & maintain a framework to create narrative game experiences for a new exciting console.
- Work with our clients to help them achieve their vision and goals
- Ensure good and clean project practices are maintained
- Profiling and optimizing critical code
- Be a champion for documentation & foster a culture of knowledge exchange
- Conduct code reviews and give feedback on the work of your peers
- Conduct regular 1on1s with your team
- Communicate closely with other department leads
- Direct reporting to your Lead, our CTO
Skills & Requirements
- C#: 6+ years’ professional experience as a game programmer (Unity C#)
- Unity: 6+ years' professional experience in the Unity-Engine
- Software Design: A strong general understanding of programming & architectural software design basics
- Scaleability: Writing scaleable, efficient code
- VCS: Experience using VCS such as git/svn/plastic
- Agile: Experience working with scrum or other agile development methodologies
- Optimization Skills: You are well-versed in bringing games to low-end hardware and know how to work with tight performance budgets
- Android Experience: You have a deep understanding of the android platform and have developed games for the platform before.
- Live Ops: Knowledge on how to build & maintain content pipelines, event management, remote game configurations, crash diagnostics and other Live Ops related topics
- Excitement: You have a burning passion for developing both mobile and console games and want to deliver high quality game experiences to the customers, regardless of the platforms specifications
- Analytical Thinking: You have a well-structured, organized approach of addressing problems and solving problems through logical thinking
- Leadership Experience: You know how to lead & motivate a team and ideally have worked in a leadership position before.
- Excellent English skills, both verbally and written
- Excellent soft skills: You have excellent communication skills and are willing to embrace our company culture and values
- Strong theoretical background: B.Sc. in a computer science (or related) field
- Shader Programming: You have a strong mathematical understanding and your secret superpower is writing shaders to help make beautiful games look even better.
- DevOps & CI/CD: Tools & Pipelines are your specialty and you’re experienced working with software such as Jenkins in order to improve and automate error-prone and laborious steps of the game development pipeline.
- Shipping Experience: You have multiple released titles under your belt and know the full game development pipeline from pre-production to release, to live-ops.
We want to encourage everybody, especially diverse and underrepresented developers, to apply for this position, even if you do not meet all the requirements.
THREAKS is an award winning game studio from Hamburg, Germany founded in 2009. We work on games that we love for PC, consoles and mobile as well as AR & VR. Our diverse portfolio is based on one common core: exceptional quality in tech and art. We always try to push the boundaries of what‘s possible with great focus on juicy player feedback, stunning looks and a feeling for the most immersive player experience.
We are a small, indie, diverse, and familiar team of game passionate developers looking to make amazing projects together.
THREAKS offers a flat hierarchy environment where everyone’s input on our projects is welcome.
As a full-time employee in Germany, you will benefit from health and social insurances as well as enjoy flexible working time and focus on a good work/life balance.
Battle Planet – Judgement Day is a rogue-lite SciFi arcade shooter with adrenaline-charged, non-stop action. Play on beautiful procedurally generated micro-planets. Fleeing a crashed prisoner transport ship, you’ll fight for your freedom against the police, military robots and frightening boss-creatures lurking for you in the dark corners of space.
Three character classes, awesome perks and a wide variety of perma-upgrades will make you want to dive into hell again and again to change your destiny.