Velan Studios is an independent studio comprised of a passionate and diverse team of experienced developers. We are the creators behind Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit and Knockout City. Velan Studios’ mission is to create ground-breaking game experiences centered on new forms of play across both existing and emerging platforms. Velan Studios maintains a team of both remote and on-site employees. On-site employees work from our office in Troy, NY.
About the Role
At Velan Studios, we are passionate about being an inclusive community of unique individuals. We believe in prioritizing and respecting the player. Our players’ time is valuable and we are honored that they choose to spend part of it with us. With this in mind, the Game Customer Support Specialist will champion customer support efforts to address in-game player issues and provide guidance to external customer support agents.
- Identify customer support trends and make recommendations to the Development Team and Community Manager for accurate prioritization
- Design and write customer-facing support articles to help players solve common issues independently
- Communicate internal progress on bugs, workarounds, and correct troubleshooting steps to external customer support agents
- Ensure support is compliant with first party guidelines
- Review upcoming events, modes, and marketing beats to anticipate support needs
- Construct macros in Zendesk with proper player-facing language that is accurate, succinct, and easy to understand
- Ensure that players are satisfied with the level of support they receive, follow up on outstanding requests, consistently work toward higher satisfaction, and lower support times
- Educate external customer support agents on specific aspects of the game
- Create and provide internal reference documents for training and educational purposes
- Host meetings with external customer support agents to educate and answer questions
- Create and track metrics for quality assurance of support issues
- Previous experience in the game industry
- Strong ability to handle challenging situations
- Sound decision making skills
- Familiarity with Zendesk
- Knack for creative problem solving
- Customer friendly demeanor
- Familiarity with Jira
Velan Studios is a small team going after multiple, bold creative new ideas. Many of us have done the large, AAA development thing for decades. But we think with a seasoned and scrappy team, we can do things differently – so every member of the team has a creative voice.
Working Better, Together
We are building an environment conducive to delivering our best work. Our office is a community that works and plays together.
- Unconventionally World Class. We embrace the unexpected. We create breakthrough games by building on our expertise and challenging conventions. We are scrappy: solving problems and inventing new experiences in audacious new ways. These unconventional approaches lead to unexpected discoveries.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity drives us and our experiences. We find energy in new ideas and approaches. We use technology and design to bring new experiences to the gaming community. We cultivate an environment that encourages experimentation and rigor. We relentlessly pursue the MAGIC.
- Respect and Responsibility. We are passionate about being an inclusive community of unique individuals. We believe in prioritizing and respecting the player. Our players’ time is valuable and we are honored that they choose to spend part of it with us. We respect the members of our team and know that they will make the right choices with our players in mind at every level.
- Community of Makers and Players. We are stronger together than the sum of our parts: we value people and perspectives. Community is a way to get things done. We seek to engage our community wherever we can in building great games. It is a springboard for innovation. It is a well of talent and a means to finding new game experiences.
A Great Place to Work and Live
Velan Studios is located in the beautiful Capital Region of Upstate New York, which includes Albany and Troy. The Capital Region is a growing tech & creative hub with a thriving video game development scene. Our offices are located in Troy’s historic downtown, which is comprised of renovated historic buildings full of new energy. The region boasts beautiful architecture, great museums, and amazing history. It’s also a very affordable city, with great events, hip nightlife and is accessible to a variety of outdoor adventures, making it a perfect spot to live.
Team up and duke it out with rival Crews in Knockout City™, where EPIC DODGEBALL BATTLES settle the score in team-based multiplayer matches. Throw, catch, pass, dodge, and tackle your way to dodgeball dominance!
In Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit, create your very own course in your home as you watch the Mario Kart come into the real world like never before! Race in different Grand Prix Cups to unlock customization options for your own Custom Race, or play with up to 3 friends as you race for the finish line.