We are Velan Studios, an independent game developer with a passion for the unconventional. We make innovative games in a variety of genres with accessibility and depth to delight our audiences, no matter who they are. We believe in maintaining a creative, collaborative, and diverse team environment at our studio, and we are looking for passionate and capable people to join our team of experienced AAA console developers.
We are seeking to bring on an experienced, creative, and collaborative LiveOps Manager, with a focus on progression, economy, rewards, and monetization systems. This role will focus on in-game initiatives to drive player engagement, retention, and monetization.
- Author, shepherd, and improve designs for new products and features which are in line with our vision and our respect for our players’ time and monetary investment.
- Collaborate with design, analytics, marketing, programming, and UI teams to ensure seamless, equitable, and effective systems and economy designs.
- Enact standards and best practices into our games’ progression systems.
- Collaborate closely with our analytics team to analyze player behavior and economic engagement.
- Collaborate closely with both the analytics and finance teams to establish fair, reasonable pricing that drives profitability in our products.
- Develop reports on performance, then suggest and implement new strategies and optimize existing offerings.
- Collaborate with operational and game teams to plan and manage post-launch Season content efforts.
- Write clear design specs for new features and collaborate with stakeholders, developers, and QA on the presentation, development, and testing.
- Devise, help execute, and analyze results on targeted A/B tests, surveys, or user testing.
- Prior experience in product management, system design, live operations or analytics.
- Ability to iterate and respond to feedback within a fast-paced live service game development schedule.
- Thorough knowledge of video games with deep insight into models that respect a player’s time and money spent for game economies, including monetization elements.
- Ability to work in highly collaborative, interdisciplinary, and iterative environment, while delivering under deadlines and time constraints.
- Knowledge of how player progression systems and economy systems interact.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Degree in Finance, Business, or Statistics
- Scripting or programming experience
- Data science or analytics experience
Velan Studios is a small team going after multiple, bold creative new ideas. Many of us have done the large, AAA development thing for decades. But we think with a seasoned and scrappy team, we can do things differently – so every member of the team has a creative voice.
Working Better, Together
We are building an environment conducive to delivering our best work. Our office is a community that works and plays together.
- Unconventionally World Class. We embrace the unexpected. We create breakthrough games by building on our expertise and challenging conventions. We are scrappy: solving problems and inventing new experiences in audacious new ways. These unconventional approaches lead to unexpected discoveries.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity drives us and our experiences. We find energy in new ideas and approaches. We use technology and design to bring new experiences to the gaming community. We cultivate an environment that encourages experimentation and rigor. We relentlessly pursue the MAGIC.
- Respect and Responsibility. We are passionate about being an inclusive community of unique individuals. We believe in prioritizing and respecting the player. Our players’ time is valuable and we are honored that they choose to spend part of it with us. We respect the members of our team and know that they will make the right choices with our players in mind at every level.
- Community of Makers and Players. We are stronger together than the sum of our parts: we value people and perspectives. Community is a way to get things done. We seek to engage our community wherever we can in building great games. It is a springboard for innovation. It is a well of talent and a means to finding new game experiences.
A Great Place to Work and Live
Velan Studios is located in the beautiful Capital Region of Upstate New York, which includes Albany and Troy. The Capital Region is a growing tech & creative hub with a thriving video game development scene. Our offices are located in Troy’s historic downtown, which is comprised of renovated historic buildings full of new energy. The region boasts beautiful architecture, great museums, and amazing history. It’s also a very affordable city, with great events, hip nightlife and is accessible to a variety of outdoor adventures, making it a perfect spot to live.
Team up and duke it out with rival Crews in Knockout City™, where EPIC DODGEBALL BATTLES settle the score in team-based multiplayer matches. Throw, catch, pass, dodge, and tackle your way to dodgeball dominance!
In Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit, create your very own course in your home as you watch the Mario Kart come into the real world like never before! Race in different Grand Prix Cups to unlock customization options for your own Custom Race, or play with up to 3 friends as you race for the finish line.