Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a growing team on an exciting new project? Do you consider yourself a champion for the quality of products? Do you understand the unique challenges of testing video games?
Our team at Stoic, 4-time BAFTA nominated independent video game company, is seeking a QA Lead / Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) for the development of our next project. You will help us take the project from prototype phase through beta, launch, and live support over a 3+ year timeframe.
We are looking for someone who can see the roadblocks presented to QA and relishes overcoming them. A person who can build, manage and maintain a diverse set of tools while building, mentoring, and managing a growing QA team. You will also be a partner with studio developers and partner teams.
What you will do:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply, or for more information!
Our team at Stoic, 4-time BAFTA nominated indie video game company, is growing for an exciting new project! Stoic strives to create games that we can be proud of and that make a positive impact on our diverse audience. We value fostering a culture of creative fulfillment, diversity, inclusion, and personal growth.
Stoic is a creator of high quality games and entertainment, founded in 2012 by three industry veterans. Over the years we have completed the Banner Saga trilogy, grown our capacity, and embarked on an ambitious new project. The team believes in developing a work environment that encourages creativity and empowers its members to personal and professional development. We enjoy employment benefits including a variety of high quality Insurance (Health, Dental, Life, Disability, etc…), generous Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, and Flexible Office Hours.
QA Tester wanted for the Ghost Ship crew!
We now offer you a chance to join our indie game studio. You will work on Deep Rock Galactic, one of the most successful games on Steam Early Access and Xbox Game Preview with more than 1.5 million copies sold so far. In May 2020 we launched 1.0 and are now looking to further expand the game and our team - and we hope you want to join!
You will be using and learning these tools
Who are we?
Ghost Ship Games is a Danish game development studio, founded in the spring of 2016 by a group of veteran game developers. In less than three years, we turned Ghost Ship Games into a solid and profitable game studio able to compete with other mid-size game studios on Steam, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
We believe our relatively small team size of 21 souls makes us work smart instead of hard. Our main focus is on gameplay and fun and our ambition is to develop games with us as the target audience. If we as gamers like it - so will others!
At Ghost Ship Games, we foster openness through regular discussions of ideas. We wish to hear people’s input and discuss options and alternatives. This includes collaborating with the game community, and we strive for open development. It correlates with our ways of communication: we have daily stand up meetings before lunch, and we also offer monthly 1-to-1 meetings with your lead to ensure there is ample opportunity for you to discuss your work and other important matters.
Our motto is simple: Co-op First. We will take Co-op to the next level, and make great games, focused on the core gamer.
For the big studios, co-op is a bullet point. For us, it is the whole point.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to develop follow and execute automated and manual tests to ensure video game quality and performance expectations.The QA technician role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure video game runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. We look for a great teamplayer, able to communicate smoothly with anyone and self-driven to figure out next steps in your area to improve your own work
• Proven work experience in video games development (3+years)
• Proven work experience in software quality assurance
• Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
• Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
• Hands-on experience with white box testing
• Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
• Experience working with both Agile/Scrum and Waterfall development processes (Jira, Redmine, Wrike, Ms project)
• Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject is a plus
• Solid knowledge of scripting is a plus
• Solid previous experience with Unreal Engine is a plus
• Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
• Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
• Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
• Design, develop and execute automation scripts
• Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
• Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
• Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
• Monitor debugging process results
• Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
• Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
• Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
About Tequila Works
The working environment in the estate of Tequila Works is open and creative; we consider the whole team as a great family. Our working philosophy may be explained by the “3 C’s”; Communication, Collaboration, and Confidence. The most important thing for us is that our game is your game. Everyone who has taken part in the creation and developing process will feel and part of it. Isn’t that the most important thing?
Tequila Works is a great opportunity for the professional and personal development of our workmates and collaborators. Have a go and discover the place where are Works are distilled!
We are looking for a Technical QA Tester. Your mission is to test our pre-release and live games and updates. As a Technical QA Tester you’ll gain a deep knowledge of each game you work on and you’ll verify functionality, data content, performance, compliance, usability/playability, and hardware/software compatibility. Not to mention, play some awesome games!
What you will do
What you must bring
Send your resume and portfolio to email@example.com.
We want to grow our current Test team by adding Intermediate and/or Senior Testers to our continuing and future development. Please note this is not a junior or entry-level role.
As the ideal candidate, you will have experience testing game titles across multiple platforms, including PC, Mac, and current generation consoles. It’s preferable you will have shipped at least one (1) title in a testing capacity. While familiarity with the Unity Game Engine is a definite asset, working experience with bug tracking software (i.e. JIRA) is a must. You should be able to work onsite in our Vancouver studio, as well as within a distributed development team structure. This means you desire to own your work and promote excellent verbal and written communication. These skills are a necessity in working efficiently within our development team.
As a Tester, you will be working in a fast-paced and agile environment. You will provide test support for all current and future features, development and retail build stability, and for our growing player base. You will be required to have familiarity with testing on multiple platforms, to balance tasks and responsibilities, and to work effectively in groups as well as independently when necessary. It’s expected that you will know your way around Unity, JIRA, and our communication and office suite software, while being proficient in general testing methodology, test terms, and concise bug-writing. The ideal candidate will be able to hit the ground running.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will be to support development through great testing and communication. You’ll be expected to execute test plans, perform ad hoc testing and compliance testing, while also providing feature development support. While your work will be focused on testing, you will also be asked to create and supply reports and feedback on balance, title performance, and gameplay experience. You’ll be expected to ask questions, review spec documentation, and interact with the team to ensure any feature in the game is being tested accurately and successfully.
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits based out of our historic Gastown Vancouver location. We offer a mature, inclusive work environment with structured on-site time along with fixed days where team members are able to work from home. We are a small team and intend to stay that way, so everyone we hire needs to be exceptional.
If you’d like to join us in creating something unique and special - and you have the qualities and qualifications outlined herein - please send us a cover letter telling us a little about yourself and why you’d like to join our team, along with your CV and/or LinkedIn profile. Please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with a clear, but inspired, subject heading.
Monomi Park is seeking a talented QA Lead to join our team!
The Quality Assurance Lead will bring leadership and hands-on contributions to support the delivery of high-quality experiences to Monomi Park players across multiple games and platforms. You will be responsible for performing QA activities, building a QA team, and defining the QA organization here at Monomi Park.
Candidates should have the following qualities:
• Several years of engineering or QA-related experience in gaming or technical industries
• Expertise in software-related Quality Assurance and game development practices
• Experience developing and executing on test planning and documentation
• Experience managing small teams
• Experience working with external, third-party companies/resources
• Familiarity with source control and test management tools (Perforce, SVN, JIRA, etc)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong technical PC skills
• Strong Excel/Google Sheets and/or database skills
• Experience working in multi-platform environments
• Experience with QA and development activities with console platforms (PS4, Xbox, etc)
• Experience working with games built in Unity
• Experience with QA-related tools and services
• Play our games and understand them intimately!
• Champion the QA process throughout company activities
• Create and execute test plans in support of multiple live and in development products
• Identify, measure, and track metrics and overall product health both during development and in the wild
• Actively collaborate with Engineering, Design, and Art to improve the QA qualities of products to better facilitate QA needs
• Serve as the key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources internally and externally
• Lead and mentor members of the QA team along with external contract testers
How to Apply:
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line 'QA Lead Applicant: YOUR NAME'. If attaching a resume, please format as a pdf or else include a link to your web resume. And just to make sure you’re paying attention, please include what game you’re currently playing in your cover letter.
We’ll be in touch if we feel your experience is a match for this position.
We are looking for an experienced QA Tester, fluent in Chinese, both written and verbal, and with excellent written and spoken English to support the Production team in ensuring the quality of the game in that territory.
– Ensure the English language content of our game, both written and spoken has been accurately translated into Chinese.
– Ensure the translation from English to Chinese is accurate and the terminology used is right whilst looking for written grammatical or spelling mistakes that appear in the game.
– Assist Production with some localisation task.
– To find game bugs, knowing how to find even the most deeply buried ones, writing them up clearly and reporting them accurately and efficiently.
– Proven experience of testing games.
– Good awareness and understanding of the gaming culture in China.
– Excellent, clear and concise communication skills, written and verbal, in both Chinese and English.
– Excellent attention to detail to spot errors in translation of English to Chinese in both written and verbal content.
– Familiarity with bug databases and workflows.
– Very proactive and able to identify potential issues and will deal with them before they become a problem.
– To work with minimal supervision and able to drive yourself to meet deadlines.
– A team player who is keen to get involved in a variety of tasks to help out where they can.
This role is for a fixed term period and will be full-time for the duration of the contract. Please also be aware that we are unable to offer visa assistance and you must be eligible to work in the UK to be considered for this opportunity.
Indie games are wonderful. So are the people that make them.
Make wonderful games. Be wonderful people. Work With Indies.
*Sign up to receive a weekly digest of new indie career opportunities.
We’ve been lucky to have some incredible jobs working at and partnering with some of the biggest brands in videogames.
But we’ve never had more fun and been more fulfilled than when we were working with indie game developers.
Everyone in games should have that much fun.
Our hope is that Work With Indies will connect job seekers with the most rewarding, most inspirational, and most fun jobs they've ever had.