Schell Games is a highly talented group of artists, programmers, producers, and game designers led by game industry veteran Jesse Schell. We're the largest full-service education and entertainment game development company in the United States. Since 2002, we've worked with world-class clients and partners to create interactive experiences that engage and inspire players of all ages across all platforms. Presently, we are focused on virtual reality, augmented reality, location-based experiences, and social games.
Above all else at Schell Games, we value and prioritize our people. Each person makes up a part of the vibrant culture at Schell Games and each new hire is an addition to that culture. We’re always looking for curious, creative, and kind individuals who want to grow with the studio! Our goal with benefits and total compensation is to remove obstacles so you can be your best creative self. We’ve highlighted a few of our unique, industry-leading benefits below:
- Physical Health. We value your health and have made it a priority to provide you and your family with medical, dental, and vision coverage that is affordable, accessible, and effective, starting on your first day.
- Emotional Health. Your well being extends beyond the physical. Not only do we provide generous vacation time, but we have multiple Employee Assistance Programs, a supportive management structure, and an anonymous feedback system that is answered directly by our CEO, Jesse Schell.
- Financial Security. Besides having a sustainably-sized workforce that has never had a layoff, we have a 401(k) program with low fee funds, a company match, and education opportunities to help you reach your retirement goals.
- Professional Development. We have a clear title structure that breaks down the attributes and qualities needed for advancement. We have semi-annual feedback sessions so you know how you are doing, and provide funds and additional leave so you can attend classes or conferences to aid your professional growth.
- Social Connectedness. We are committed to the city of Pittsburgh. We are constantly looking for ways to give back to our community and provide you with opportunities for further engagement.
In addition, we offer:
- Family-Friendly Benefits. Parental leave for new parents, a health insurance plan that covers IVF, an adoption benefit, and Paid Family Care Leave.
- Jam Week. One week a year we suspend all projects and have a Game Jam with copious amounts of food and snacks.
- Work-Life Balance. Seriously, if you’re crunching, we’re doing something wrong.
Welcome To Pittsburgh
Whether you’re big on culture, arts, and inner-city living, or having both land in the suburbs and a reasonable commute, we like to think Pittsburgh has something for everyone. The city itself is made up of over 90 unique neighborhoods, all within a 10-mile radius of the office, and each with its own personality. We’re proud to be a part of the thriving tech industry while enjoying the region’s low cost of living. Over half of our team members own homes, both in the city and surrounding areas.