Arcane Ermine is looking for an experienced, team-oriented, self-motivated Unreal Engine 5 Lead Engineer for ongoing work with our project(s) currently in production. Salary will depend on the candidate’s experience.
This is your opportunity to be part of a team where you can actually have a voice in the direction of the company. If you’re the type of person that enjoys the startup lifestyle, and want to help shape the future of the company you work for, we look forward to your application!
Due to our small company size, limited resources, and Nevada state regulations, all applicants must be in the state of Nevada, or willing to relocate to the state of Nevada within 3 months of hire date. This is a W-2 full time position. Not accepting contractors/outsourcing studios.
- Work with fellow programmers, as well as the rest of the production team, as a lead programmer and manager.
- Use UE5’s framework to create game systems and features in C++ and Blueprint, factoring external direction and team feedback into design decisions.
- Guide artists and Blueprint developers to create work that adheres to the design of game systems while maintaining good style and optimization standards.
- Experienced with source control (Perforce, Git, etc), and has used issue tracking software (Jira, etc)
- This role involves general programming and the applicant will frequently be using the Unreal Editor for implementation of features in addition to assisting other engineers.
- Must have very strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ensure software meets performance benchmarks.
- Produce clean, well-documented code.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 8+ years experience as a software engineer, with at least 2 years in a leadership position.
- 4+ years experience with Unreal Engine
- 4+ years with C++, both within the confines of Unreal and in general.
- Experience launching multiple shipped titles.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Working knowledge of the content creation tools and processes involved in real-time 3D asset production.
- Strong skills in 3D math and linear algebra.
- Experience with shader creation or procedural animation logic.
- Experience with vehicle physics in Unreal or experience working on vehicles in a game.
- Large office with private offices for all employees
- Hybrid/remote work schedule so working from office is optional
- Masks required in common areas (Hallways and Breakroom)
- Vaccinations required, and extra PTO days granted when receiving vaccines or boosters
Arcane Ermine is a startup game studio based in Reno, Nevada. Independently funded, our studio is a rarity among indie developers as we explore when game professionals (not accountants) run the company.
At Arcane Ermine, our number one goal is to create fun and unique games we want to play, with as little compromise as possible.
All full time positions at Arcane Ermine receive the following benefits as a bare minimum:
- Paid premium health insurance including dental and vision coverage for Employee and Spouse
- 20 days paid vacation with limited rollover at the end of the year
- 7 days paid sick leave
- 16 hours a month of paid education time to utilize paid courses for learning additional skills or best practices for current role
- Holiday Bonuses
- Publishing profit sharing bonus
- Hybrid/Remote work ok (Must still reside in the State of Nevada)
- Relocation Assistance
- Flexible schedule, all required meetings will give 48 hour minimum notice
Arcane Ermine is an LGBTQIA+ supportive company with zero tolerance of discrimination or harassment. We are also a Neuro-Divergent supportive company striving to accommodate people of all needs.