Five Mics Studios is building “Five Mics,” a digital hip-hop trading card game (think Hearthstone, but with rappers not dragons).
We’re looking for a Game Writer to build upon Five Mics lore, developing character backstories and video game storylines. We are in our early stages as a studio and are looking for someone that is eager to jump into something brand new, hit the ground running, and build something huge that’s never been seen before.
The role is hybrid and based in Los Angeles, CA.
- Develop compelling character and story arcs that fit within the Five Mics world
- Collaborate with the team to refine narrative direction and vision for Five Mics
- Create and oversee the writing of dialogue, scripts, and other narrative elements
- Integrate the voice over dialogue with the gameplay to create a seamless experience for the player
- Collaborate with rest of the game development team to create effective and concise content in the correct voice and update storylines
- Ensure that the narrative elements are organized and oversee their implementation in the game
- Solid experience as Game Narrative Writer or similar role
- Able to work creatively with constraints, such as budget limitations
- Familiarity with game development pipelines and constraints
- Ability to work autonomously and manage your own workload
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Adaptable to established aspects of the plot, setting, and characters, while bringing your own ideas to the table
- Solid experience in playing and/or creating trading card games
- Love hip-hop music and culture
- Résumé / CV
- Portfolio (any game project examples you’ve worked on, either independently or in a team)