We're Hooded Horse, a fast-growing publisher of quality strategy games. We need a capable, smart, and personable Marketing Director to come help market our portfolio of exciting titles like Manor Lords, Clanfolk, Terra Invicta, Falling Frontier, Against the Storm, and more!
As Marketing Director, you will be the internal subject matter expert on efficient marketing of our games portfolio. You will work directly with the CEO to market and promote our games efficiently — and maintain a positive, healthy relationship with our devs, too.
As a member of Hooded Horse's leadership team, you will help shape the strategic direction of the company and share your insights and expertise with other executives. You'll regularly consult with our developers alongside the production staff — and make smart decisions within the context of available budget and demands on developers. You’ll creatively look for opportunities to help the games reach a great audience, while rigorously questioning the cost and time effectiveness of everything being done.
- Communicate and Coordinate. You're a talented manager who can keep track of many different priorities and timelines. You’ll lead others in the marketing department to keep their joint efforts coordinated. You’ll communicate with developers to obtain the access and assets needed. You’ll coordinate with production staff and ensure each game is given the best marketing support it can receive. You're a partner to the CEO, CFO, and President, making sure they can make informed decisions.
- Creative solutions. You look for new and innovative ways to help the games reach their players. You think carefully on ways to achieve outsized effects from every investment of time and money.
- Implement. You’ll directly create and optimize the marketing of games, from advertising campaigns to storefront presence to event exhibitions. You have experience in both planning and executing every aspect of marketing. You are a good writer, and you know how to design things visually for the best effect.
- You love strategy games. You have a favorite Civilization game and a really strong opinion about it. You obsess about city-builders, grand strategy, or tactical games.
- You’re resourceful and independent. Nobody needs to tell you what the next task is, you're already on it. You're a self-starter who understands that, in a small organization like ours, you'll have to lead from the front.
- You're empathetic and professional. You're a team player and highly organized.
- You are constructive and solutions-oriented. You're not afraid to bring bad news, but you've always got a plan for how to make things work.
- You've got significant game marketing experience.
- You can meet at flexible times. Our team operates flexibly across all timezones, as do most of our devs.
- You are extremely comfortable working with numbers and data.
- You are enthusiastic about both planning and implementing. We’re a lean company, so while you will be working alongside others, you are also comfortable directly handling many matters yourself.
Hooded Horse is a Dallas, Texas based publisher of strategy, simulation, and role-playing games, including Old World, developed by Mohawk Games; Terra Invicta, developed by Pavonis Interactive; Falling Frontier, developed by Stutter Fox Studios; Alliance of the Sacred Suns, developed by KatHawk Studios; and The Way of Wrath, developed by Animmal.
- We're a fast-growing publisher with a relatively small team right now: you can help us shape the company culture!
- We're based in Dallas, Texas USA but have a remote team spread across Europe and the US. We have no office, the entire Hooded Horse team works remotely and coordinates online.
- Remote work and flexible hours: We’ll ask you to be available when needed, but also respect you as a professional to decide when to work to get the job done.
- We’ve got an amazing set of upcoming titles for you to work on–including 3 games in the top 50 most wishlisted upcoming games on Steam. Our indie developers are passionate about their work, and so are we!