Infernozilla, a company located in Dallas, Texas, is currently searching for an approachable, intelligent, and supportive Community Manager. Our agency is a small team with a strong passion for games and making indie games successful. In addition, we have a very diverse group of international employees working remotely.
We strive to always go through all depths to ensure all our clients are fully taken care of. Our vision is to be the go-to agency for indie game’s needs in Community Management, Social Media Management, Marketing, and the like. We have recently also begun to expand our services to indie games website building and full publishing, to name a few.
We have worked with games such as Black Mesa, Escape from Tarkov, KovaaK’s, Deceit, Paint the Town Red, Walkabout Minigolf, and many others we are proud to continue to support. Watch and read what our clients say about us by clicking here (bottom of the page)!
As a Community Manager at Infernozilla, you would connect the client studios and the players via forums, Discord, Steam, and other forums. Defining and refining each client’s “community tone” will play a significant role in the early stages of new titles and maintaining more active, pre-established communities for more prominent titles. You will also play a vital role in the marketing efforts of indie games.
Community Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Update, monitor, and engage with forums on multiple platforms, including emails, Steam, Discord, Reddit, and Imgur, amongst others
- Self-start and take the Lead on creative community initiatives and events to engage and delight players
- Identify Discord issues or improvements, implement bots, new moderators, and more
- Monitor and respond to incoming emails exclusively for the client’s press email in a timely and professional manner
- Be the Lead for the Discord support ticket system and Steam threads, offering helpful support and advice, reaching out to the clients for help or clarification if necessary.
- Evaluate and analyze Discord data to develop community strategies, optimize server performance and member retention over time
- To recruit, manage, and support a team of Discord volunteer moderators, clients depending.
- Offer customer, influencer, and partner support via the Discord support ticket system and Reddit, Steam discussion threads, and other forms of communication.
- Reach out, communicate and build a rapport with your assigned clients, making sure their community needs and reactive requests are met and completed to the best of your ability
- Communicate and work with your Team Lead, who will work closely with you as you build and shape each platform
- Assist in general marketing activities and tactics with your Team Lead as needed
This role is fully remote, and the right candidate is expected to work full time while managing their schedule of 35-40 hours per week.
Community Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Communication skills: You have a way with words to turn angry customers into advocates and impress clients with your assurance and level of communication.
- Writing skills: you need to have a passion and flair for chatting with community members, as well as writing professionally to the press, influencers, and in threads.
- Discord knowledge: a Discord moderator or server owner is preferred so that you can easily transition into managing multiple client servers without too much difficulty. If you have the basic knowledge, we will teach you the rest.
- Motivation for what you do: Seeing a new comment, upvote, or discussion thread fuels you, and each community member that joins and engages with you excites you to push forward without the occasional negative comment or downvote affecting you.
- Time Management: the ability to manage multiple community platforms and emails, with the occasional incoming community request from clients not affecting your stress levels.
- Market knowledge: You are a gamer by night and spend hours during the day working or learning about the video game industry.
- Communication skills: commenting, responding to emails, and supporting players are fun for you!
- Energy level: Talking to you in any community setting fuels the title’s interest and motivation. Bubbly yet on point.
- Professionalism: you uphold yourself to the highest standard, do not engage in negativity on Discord or other platforms and continue to push through with a great attitude.
- Strong command of writing and speaking in English.
We are looking for a self-driven, self-starter and never settle for a lesser type of unicorn! We are a busy, always on the go agency, so if you don’t do well in a fast environment and do not continue to learn quickly, this is not for you.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- While traditional education is admirable, we want to see community management and industry experience over school years.
- Experience in a community management position, communications sector, or relevant experience is highly recognized.
- Other experiences in video game community management, social media management, or marketing are a major plus as you will be more knowledgeable of the communities you are engaging with.
If you have been a phenomenal volunteer in a video game community, aspire to do it for a living, love video games, and help others, this job is for you!
Does this sound like you?
Let’s talk further! Use the link here to apply: https://form.typeform.com/to/ywc9Cmb1