Ironwood Studios is a new Seattle based AA game studio working on our first title, Pacific Drive shipping in Q1 2024. We’re looking for an experienced, empathic, and driven Senior Producer to temporarily join Ironwood, leading and producing the team and game to get us across the finish line.
As the lead producer on the game, you will collaborate closely with the team to ensure priorities are aligned with the game vision, and make sure we get our title out the door on-time and within budget.
- You are excited about collaborating with a small team to build a genre-bending title
- You have an eye for detail but, can easily switch mentalities to look at a project from a wider perspective
- You are a firefighter - you’re proactively identifying and reacting to problems
- You are ready to dive in to the project, get caught up, and track and guide the team's progress on the way to shipping something soon
- You have familiarity with all disciplines of game dev and you’re ready to dive deeper into unknown areas
- You actively look for ways to foster team communication to promote alignment and build consensus, and to ensure that everyone is empowered to speak up with concerns and questions
- Joining the project close to completion, bringing a shipping mentality and a human touch
- Collaborate alongside studio leadership with various external development partners
- Be the main point of contact for our publisher, and collaborate with them on deliverables
- Develop and execute production roadmaps and schedules heading towards ship
- Management and oversight for a project backlog of a team of 20
- Track team velocity, and identify ways to improve that velocity
- Run team standups, sprint planning, and retrospectives
- 4+ years video game development production experience
- Experience with shipping/certification process on consoles
- At least 2 shipped titles OR comparable experience
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum
- Well versed in industry standard task tracking tools (Such as: Notion, Trello, Asana, JIRA, ADO, etc.)
- Familiar with localization pipelines
- Familiarity in in small development team settings (less than 25)
- Expert in using Notion for task tracking and project management, or a willingness to learn quickly
- Experience working directly with publishers and external development partners
- Located in Greater Seattle area or able and willing to come on site for short periods
- PST Time Zone or similar
- Ability to start immediately
What We Are Offering:
- Job Type: Contract
- Opportunity to work on an exciting new IP
- Onsite in WA or Remote Options Available
- Pay Range: $80,000-$150,000 (Note: Pay subject to funding, higher ranges may be considered)
If this sounds like you and Ironwood Studios sounds like a place you’d like to join, let us know! Please send us an email with your resume (feel free to skip the cover letter!) using the following subject line: “Job Rec - Producer”.
Ironwood Studios is a Seattle based game development team made up of experienced developers with a long history in the industry. Since its founding in 2019, they have been hard at work on Pacific Drive, and extremely proud to be working with PlayStation to bring it to life.
The team’s passion stems from a love of road trips and the relationship between the driver and the car, always dreaming about surreal worlds and the Pacific Northwest - two things that feature prominently in the game.
Ironwood’s goal is to create games that inspire players to tell their own stories, with systems that work together to create unexpected and unique experiences.
Pacific Drive is a run-based, first-person driving survival game. Your car is your only companion as you navigate a surreal and anomaly-filled reimagining of the Pacific Northwest. Structured as a “road-lite”, each excursion into the wilderness brings unique and strange challenges, as you restore and upgrade your car from an abandoned garage that acts as your home base.
With the car as your lifeline, you’ll unravel a long-forgotten mystery as you make your way to the heart of the Olympic Exclusion Zone.