LabX is seeking a character designer to collaborate with us for an exciting new short form web series we are producing. We are looking for an artist who can create visually captivating and unique character concepts based on conversations with science, engineering, or medical professionals. This series aims to be fun and light hearted and not directly educational.
- Collaborate with the production team to understand the subject's background, profession, and interests before each episode.
- Engage in conversation with science, engineering, or medical professionals to gather insights and inspiration for character design.
- Sketch and conceptualize characters in real-time during the filmed interviews, capturing the essence of the subject's personality and expertise.
- Potentially incorporate feedback from the production team and the subject to refine and finalize the character design.
This posting is for an initial test run of 3 episodes. Each episode will consist of a less than 30-minute interview, with a total time commitment of approximately 1 1/2 hours per episode, including preparation. Interviews will be posted on various social media platforms on LabX's social media accounts.
Skills and Requirements
- A strong portfolio showcasing your artistic skills and ability to create diverse character designs.
- Proficiency in digital art software and tools (e.g., Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Procreate).
- Excellent sketching and drawing skills, with the ability to work quickly and effectively under time constraints.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to effectively interact with science, engineering, or medical professionals and the production team.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a virtual production environment, using online communication and collaboration tools effectively.
Compensation Range for the 3 sessions to pilot the series $750-1000. If we continue produce the series there will be further opportunities.
LabX is the public engagement arm of the National Academies of Science, Engineering, and Medicine. We aim to create unique experiences, content, and product that help to increase the general publics curiosity and interest in the STEM fields.
Three comedians. One expert. So many ridiculously wrong answers. [Wrong Answers Only](https://labx.org/events/wrong-answers-only) is a FREE, interactive, virtual, LIVE show featuring celebrity guests who play games and quizzes while learning about exciting research with the help of a scientific expert.
[Extreme Event](https://labx.org/games/extreme-event) is an award-winning in-person role-playing game that gives participants a taste of what it takes to build community resilience in the face of disaster. Players work together to make decisions and solve problems during an engaging, fast-paced disaster simulation.