We're looking for a Art Director to join our fully remote team.
About the Job
- Reporting to the CEO, the Art Director will work with them and the contracted artists to create the overall look of the game, including any additional content created.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that everyone involved in the game design understands its artistic vision and delivers assets that follow the correct technical specs.
- Due to our being a small team you will need a wide breadth of knowledge across the different areas of art. You will need to understand the technical needs of creating art that’s appropriate for the project, to enable you to define art pipelines and communicate them to other artists.
- This will be a hands-on role where the right candidate will be involved in all aspects of game design and ensuring art is correctly implemented in game. You will be responsible for the management of a small team.
What we're looking for
- Experience working in the gaming industry as an Art Director or Lead Artist.
- A strong visual eye and understanding of artistic fundamentals.
- Strong technical knowledge (asset production pipeline, visual effects, materials, understanding of rendering pipelines).
- Good communication skills, especially setting a brief and delivering feedback.
- Team management experience.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience working in an indie studio.
- Experience managing contractor relationships.
- Knowledge of 3D modelling, node-graphs, animation principles
- Competitive basic salary, negotiable based on experience
- Competitive bonus package
- 25 days holiday per year plus public holidays
- Additional holidays over Christmas
- Remote working
Poncle are an indie studio and the makers of the PC game Vampire Survivors. The game has had successful launches on Steam, and Xbox PC & Console as part of Game Pass.
We are a small team working remotely from around the UK.
Mow down thousands of night creatures and survive until dawn! Vampire Survivors is a gothic horror casual game with rogue-lite elements, where your choices can allow you to quickly snowball against the hundreds of monsters that get thrown at you.