Hey there, we’re Qloud Games, an Australian indie game studio that’s working on Loftia! We’re a tight-knit, fully remote team with members from all over the globe, and we’re currently searching for a part-time Community Manager to join our core team!
Set in a city on the floating sky island, Loftia is a cozy and fresh take on the MMO genre, where players will farm, build, and contribute to the growth of a solarpunk world. Heavily inspired by games such as Stardew Valley and Animal Crossing, Loftia aims to mix the chill, relaxing atmosphere of those games with the social and community-oriented aspects of a massively multiplayer game. The core underlying theme is to envision a world entrenched in sustainability, and a sense of community and shared hope for the future.
As our Community Manager, you will be responsible for managing and growing our online community, and fostering a positive relationship between our players and the game, as well as working on Marketing campaigns and help manage social media content ideation and creation.
What you’ll be doing
- Build and maintain a positive and engaged community for Loftia.
- Oversee moderation of the Discord community.
- Ideate and run community events & activities on community platforms (Discord, Instagram, Twitter & TikTok).
- Be the internal community advocate and provide relevant feedback that can inform development marketing decisions.
- Work closely with the Marketing team to help create and facilitate marketing campaigns and social media content.
- Keep up to the date with the latest industry trends and news.
Qualities we’re looking for
- Significant past experience with managing a medium to large Discord community.
- Passion for gaming a deep understanding of the gaming community and culture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and ideally a second language.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a remote internal team and external partners.
- A creative and open-minded individual who loves socializing and bringing people together.
- Experience in marketing and/or social media content creation is preferred, but not mandatory.
- As we are a global team, having a flexible schedule to accommodate occasional meetings outside of typical work hours is a bonus.
- Form of employment: Part-time contract (20 hours/week)
- Employment length: 3 months, with potential to transform into a longer-term, permanent position
- Employment location: Fully remote
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Rate: $20USD/hour
How to apply
Send us an email with your resume and a short description of yourself – we’re looking forward to hearing from you!