Triiodide Studios is looking to build out a core team comprised of extremely talented and passionate individuals, excited to redefine the industry by developing next-generation horror experiences. We are a new indie studio, releasing our first game this year on October 18th, Backrooms: Escape Together.
Backrooms: Escape together has been propelled into the limelight, selling tens of thousands of copies in the first week and we are committed to delivering on our vision for the game.
Backrooms: Escape Together is an ambitious project that we believe can redefine indie horror games, with the goal of developing a “True Backrooms Experience”. We plan to harbor countless levels, non-linear progression, and life-like visual quality powered by UE5, feeding into the success of the rapidly growing genre.
In order to achieve this goal, we are searching for immensely talented and passionate developers to build out our core team. If you want to get in on the ground floor of something big, this opportunity is for you.
- Build, test, and maintain scalable code for the game
- Brainstorm and conceptualize additional gameplay
- Collaborate with other developers on projects ranging from small bug fixes to large features
- Ensuring that work is done in accordance with company policies; using best practices when writing code; following all coding standards; refactoring when appropriate
- Participate in code reviews and design discussions - Identify performance bottlenecks or structural issues and optimize code as needed
- Assist in tracking down and patching bugs reported by users or identified through internal testing
- Minimum of 3 years of industry experience as a game developer or relevant software developer
- Deep expertise in C++ and Unreal Engine
- Strong understanding of multiplayer networking in Unreal Engine
- Perforce, Git LFS, or similar version control experience
- Experience in maintaining large codebases while ensuring it’s scalable, robust, and efficient
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortability in wearing “many hats” as a developer and working through a vast assortment of challenges
- Ability to work independently, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and a desire to problem solve
- Willingness to learn, ask questions, and collaborate with a team - Extreme passion to push the envelope in gaming
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in creating procedurally generated levels
- Previous experience in working in a startup or AAA environment
- Enthusiasm and knowledge of the Backrooms
- Hands-on experience with Unreal Engine 5 and its new features
- AWS, Golang, Kubernetes, or Python knowledge
- Low-level knowledge of Unreal Engine networking
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine’s animation graph
- A portfolio that demonstrates a keen eye for detail and the ability to create maintainable, high-quality code
What we are offering:
- Competitive base salary of $120,000 to $160,000+ per year, depending on experience
- Stock options
- The choice to work fully remote
- Ability to join and contribute immensely with a small team of talented and passionate developers, working towards redefining an industry