Hello everyone! Here is our first iteration of our How To Break Into The Industry with Masao Kobayashi! For this first panel we focused on the Game Designer discipline!
[.c-highlight]You can listen to the full audio recording above! We’ve broken down all the questions and topics below so you can get a nice feel for what was discussed[.c-highlight]
Questions / Topics
- Intros from our 3 Guests!
- How did everyone get their first design job in the industry?
- How did Kellie’s graduate program help prepare her for the games industry / her job.
- Monica also talks about how her Master’s program helped her.
- Kelsie talks about how she thinks her non games related academic background impacted her job search.
- Speaking on some transferrable skills that can be used in Game Design.
- Portfolio talk! We start with our guests talking about their own personal portfolios and when they felt their portfolio was ready to apply for jobs. And portfolios have a purpose, who knew?
- When looking for your first job in the industry, what green/red flags should you be looking out for?
- Do you think freelance work as a Game Narrative Designer will be beneficial?
- What are the best ways to network?
- Wrapping up!
Participate and ask questions in future events live in our Discord!