We're on a mission to deliver premium, focused, accessible gaming experiences that can be enjoyed solo, and which play even better with friends. We're passionate about offering players unique experiences, so experimentation and fast iteration is important to us.
We're hard at work on building a talent-dense team of game developers who put players at the center of everything they do. If you're a developer this resonates with, we hope you'll consider joining us.
Goose Byte offers big studio stability with indie studio freedom and ambition.
Working With Us
A great culture starts with great people. We’re looking for driven, humble, sharp, mega-talented game developers who - like us - are obsessed with delivering for players. We view every new hire as a critical step in achieving our goals, and expect everyone on our team to have a huge impact on both our games AND our company.
We want our people to live their best lives AND do their best work, and we think these should align with each other, not conflict. How you choose to work is up to you. In general we are looking for senior talent, but will always break the rules for exceptional candidates.
Goose Byte is meant to be a bold breath of fresh air for developers in a city that is simply burgeoning with game development talent.
- Who We Are. If you'd like to join us, it's important that you know who we are and who we're not.
We believe that great games come from great teams, and that great teams arise when particular attention is placed on building a unique culture befitting the individuals of the team.
We have big ambitions, so we're cultivating an inclusive, high performance, talent dense team. Collaboration is key, so we won't be tolerating talented jerks. High integrity is important and we'd like to nurture an environment built around the concepts of freedom, inclusivity, respect, sustainability, and trust.
- Player First Mindset. We're making games for our players. People have a million ways to spend their time, and if they choose to engage in our game, we need to respect their time and be grateful for it. No one on the team should ever be worried about impressing a boss; the community and players are what matters most.
- Action and Results Oriented. Actions speak louder than words. Seeing something new in the build is infinitely more useful than talking about it. We're intolerant of needless bureaucracy, and we'd rather be fast and experimental than slow and perfect.
- Autonomous and Collaborative. We’re self-starters & auto-didacts. We look for people who are naturally curious, always learning and intrinsically motivated. We prefer a blunt approach to feedback. It should always be positive and developmental, placing an emphasis on clear, constructive communication. We aim to foster a group dynamic where individuals learn to trust one another and speak freely.
- Lazer Focus. We don’t have to be the best at everything, just the few things that matter. We focus relentlessly on those things and allocate resources the same way.
Trying to build everything yourself is a major trap, we are happy using an existing solution when it isn’t differentiated.
Each colleague that joins our studio is equally important to its success. As such, all of our benefits are available to everyone, effective from their first day with us. Being transparent about this equality and how we value our employees is a key part of who we are.
- Work from home at the start. We're planning to have an office for hybrid options and easier socializing next summer
- Flexible schedule
- $1,000 yearly employee lifestyle fund - use this to stay healthy, social, comfortable or productive
- Equal opportunity and equal pay employer
- Team building and social events in Montreal,
- Zero tolerance policy on harassment, bullying and discrimination
- No talented jerks
- Competitive base salaries for all jobs
- Low admin and manager overhead - No boring reoccurring meetings
- An uncapped profitability bonus scheme that shares studio profits with everyone
- We offer everyone dedicated high end hardware to maximize productivity
- Commitment to a Crunch-free environment
- Competitive Group Insurance Plan (Healthcare, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance)
- Retirement fund - We match 40% of all employee RRSP contributions!
- Studio shuts down one week for Winter Holidays
- Unlimited paid vacation for all employees - this means 5 weeks minimum
- Unlimited sick days / Family days / Flexi days
- All benefits start day 1, for all employees
We believe that we will be a stronger, more competitive team by bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences, and cultures. We absolutely commit to being an equal opportunity, equal pay employer and have a zero tolerance policy on harassment, bullying, and discrimination.