The Technical Art Director is a Full Time role who is a recognized expert in their field and holds a wealth of knowledge in dealing with the technical issues around content creation for video games. The Technical Art Director will produce work that is at the highest level of quality and difficulty. They have a proven track record of resolving the most complex and broad reaching challenges in relationship to content construction, pipeline management and leading edge visuals.
- Identifying and or selecting tools and technologies to enhance the content creation process.
- Improving and evolving production and organization structures.
- Collaborate with other technical and aesthetic experts within the company to define clear goals for the toolset, pipeline and construction processes.
- Analyze competitive products and makes recommendations to senior management.
- The Technical Art Director spearheads R&D efforts for tools, content and new technologies in relationship to art and Aesthetics.
- Collaborates with the art Leads on establishing shared Art Cultures and best practices.
- Participates in setting strategic vision for content and tools.
- Collaborates with engineering to develop cutting edge tools and technologies.
- Works with the other content producers to ensure proper game performance and optimizations.
- Identifies and test external 3rd party tools that would help maintain our leading edge in content constructions and visuals.
- Identifies and executes on the most difficult content creation problems for the project.
- Systemic (developing content guideline and pipelines for the player skins/avatar system.).
- Identifies and executes solutions to Pipeline and technology deficiencies within the studio.
- Researches future solutions or cutting edge content technologies.
- Reviews pipelines and content creation process to identify best practices
- Strong technical proficiency in understanding proprietary tools and technology.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Must be familiar the majority of modern 3D software packages (Maya, 3D Studio Max, Motion Builder, zBrush etc.).
- Strong understanding of game development process.
- Strong understanding of methods of optimizing game art assets for game engines and optimizing pipelines and processes.
- Strong understanding of Python /C#/Scripting Languages or similar systems required.
- A Strong understanding of modern 3d engines and the technology behind them.
- Solid experience and understanding of art/animation pipelines on modern game consoles.
- Up to date knowledge of current art techniques and development processes.
- Strong Troubleshooting skills.
- Positive attitude and a desire to bring new ideas to the team.
- Passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends.f
- Must be eligible to work in the US
Preference to Applicants with
- Experience developing in Unity
- At least 6+ years of cinematic/games production experience
- You have completed multiple games/movies
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- 100% Remote
Decoy Games is a video game company founded by two brothers, who had no prior professional game development experience. They used their deep passion for video games and extensive imagination to start building Decoy Games. Today, Decoy Games is a multi-award winning game company focused on creating unique game experiences, merchandise and content while also using their platform to encourage innovation across all aspects of the game industry. We're currently 25 employees strong and counting.
At Decoy Games we strive to be a symbol of inclusion, diversity and inspiration to all who aspire to be a part of the game industry. We make it our mission to ensure that this is reflected in our team and the products we create. We have taken great pride in creating several platforms for people around the world in all communities to learn about and engage in the world of gaming.
Swimsanity! is a multiplayer underwater shooter with action-packed Co-Op and Versus game modes, all supported by online and local play. You play as our hero Mooba, who uses a variety of unique power ups and weapons to survive in this aquatic world.
Whether you're teaming up with friends to swim into Adventure mode, or clashing in competitive matches such as Last Mooba Standing, there's more than 150+ challenges to complete across 8 action-packed Game Modes in Swimsanity! All modes can be played online or locally.