As an Unreal Generalist Engineer, you will play a critical role in developing and maintaining various aspects of our open world game, Towers. This position requires a versatile engineer with a strong foundation in gameplay, networking, and performance optimization. You will work closely with our design and art teams to create stunning visuals, immersive gameplay, and seamless multiplayer experiences that exceed player expectations.
- Develop and implement gameplay systems, mechanics, and features using Unreal Engine 5.
- Collaborate with the design team to ensure smooth integration of game mechanics and level design.
- Utilize networking and replication techniques to create a seamless and stable multiplayer experience.
- Optimize game performance by identifying bottlenecks and implementing solutions to improve frame rates and resource usage.
- Debug and resolve gameplay, networking, and performance-related issues.
- Participate in code and design reviews to maintain high-quality standards.
- 3+ years of experience in game development, specifically using Unreal Engine 4/5.
- Excellent understanding of C++ and low-level components of Unreal Engine.
- Demonstrated experience with gameplay programming, networking, and performance optimization.
- Good experience with performance profiling tools such as: Unreal Insights, RenderDoc, Pix, Nsights.
- Having worked on a shipped successful game in a similar capacity, full-time.
- Experience with Multithreading concepts and Data Oriented paradigms.
- Prior experience working on a title post launch and end of production.
- Experience in a fully remote work environment.
If you meet the requirements and have the desired skills, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity to be a key member of our dynamic games team.
Dreamlit is a small team based in sunny Pasadena, California with staff working remotely around the globe! We love creating unique experiences for our audience within the gaming medium.
We've partnered with award-winning publisher Kowloon Knights to develop our first title, Towers, an open-world fantasy builder game with unique ecosystem-building mechanics. We can't wait for players to build lush forests populated with wondrous, otherworldly creatures.