Five Mics Studios is building “Five Mics,” a digital hip-hop trading card game (think Hearthstone, but with rappers not dragons).
We’re looking for a Network Engineer to develop Five Mics’ technical network features to ensure optimal deployment, performance, and gamer’s playing experience across mobile and desktop. We are in our early stages as a studio and are looking for someone that is eager to jump into something brand new, hit the ground running, and build something huge that’s never been seen before.
The role is hybrid and based in Los Angeles, CA.
- Optimize networking systems to improve online functionality and gameplay latency for Five Mics
- Develop networking code to interact with backend systems for new gameplay features and data collection
- Collaborate with other engineers on team to improve network replication
- Maintain and extend documentation on network-oriented features and systems
- Debug and optimize existing gameplay networking
- C# experience with understanding of multi-threaded programming techniques
- Experience building games as a network-oriented gameplay engineer for multiple platforms
- Understanding of computer and console game networking systems and technologies (e.g. peer-to-peer and client/server models, latency compensation, etc.)
- Experience with AWS for Games products as well as off-the-shelf anti-cheat products, such as Easy Anti-Cheat or Battleye
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work as a part of a team
- Solid experience in playing and/or creating trading card games
- Love hip-hop music and culture