Five Mics Studios is building “Five Mics,” a mobile-first hip-hop trading card game (think Hearthstone, but with rappers not dragons).
We’re looking for an incredible Marketing Manager who will be responsible for conceptualizing and executing online and in-person marketing campaigns for Five Mics in order to activate and sustain growth across all areas of the player’s lifecycle. They will work closely with the CEO to align with Five Mics business objectives and work cross functionally to create, implement, and manage marketing content and communication touch points both internally and with our player base.
We are in our early stages as a studio and are looking for someone that is eager to jump into something brand new, hit the ground running, and build something huge that’s never been seen before.
The role is hybrid and based in Los Angeles, CA.
- Develop marketing objectives and creative direction for all Five Mics advertising and public messaging (digital and in-person)
- Create, implement, and monitor all multichannel marketing campaigns for Five Mics from start to finish (concept, production, etc.)
- Design, test, and evolve tactics across the funnel to attract and retain players for the Five Mics ecosystem more effectively
- Conduct player research and analysis across multiple platforms to extract insights for future campaign development and GTM plans
- Analyze player insights, macroeconomic gaming trends, market analysis, and marketing best practices to build successful strategies tailored to Five Mics
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 3+ years' in marketing, advertising or related role (brand, growth, community, etc.)
- Proven success in developing marketing plans and campaigns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially for marketing copy
- Proven content development skills that convert are strongly preferred
- Strong project management, multitasking, and decision-making skills
- Exceptionally strong social media skills with hunger to learn and experiment
- Experience with marketing automation and project management tools
- Knowledge of gaming industry trends
- Metrics-driven marketing mind, creativity eye, and eager spirit
- Solid experience in playing and/or creating trading card games
- Love hip-hop music and culture
- Résumé / CV
- Portfolio (any game project examples you’ve worked on, either independently or in a team)