Nerd Ninjas seeks a West Coast (PST) based experienced Sr. Technical Artist to create games with gorgeous visuals. We’re a fast-moving, multi-disciplinary team of creative professionals (mostly based in Spokane, WA). The ideal candidate will have successfully launched multiple titles and will love playing and developing games at the forefront of technology. Work on a wide variety of technical challenges while creating a fun and satisfying gameplay experience for the user. These skills will be used to deliver a stunning gaming experience to millions of active players around the globe. We’re working on mobile, AR, and VR projects so there are a lot of opportunities to work on fun and interesting projects.
- Competitive salary.
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, & Vision.
- Flexible schedule.
- Work on top secret projects with Niantic (makers of Pokemon Go and the leader in geospatial gaming and AR).
- Work remotely in the Pacific Time Zone with travel to Spokane, WA (Covid-willing) twice a year for fun, team-building retreats.
- Our culture is fun and unique and anti-drama (you'll love it!).
- Iterate on Unity 3D scenes to finalize product and other creative requirements
- Create & optimize performant shaders for stunning visuals
- Concept & implement juicy VFX
- ‘Support the art team and unity developers by identifying inefficiencies and recommending and implementing improvements
- Troubleshoot and solve core technical problems in cooperation with each department
- Facilitate & improve the asset pipeline between engineers and artists
- 4+ years of experience shipping multiple successful games
- Expert experience with the Unity Game Engine
- Expert in scripting with C#
- Experience creating beautiful VFX sequences
- Knowledge of optimizing real-time 3D-graphics pipeline for mobile platforms
- Available M-F 9am-5pm PT
- Strong English communication skills.
- Must be a US citizen (sorry, no visas allowed)
- We’re a drama-free zone (no dictators, gossipers, whiners, or tyrants allowed)
- Solid artistic skills
- Concept design
- Experience developing pipelines with Substance Designer, Substance Painter, or houdini
- Some experience planning and developing tools
- Able to envision creative ways to leverage new or existing ideas and technologies
- Experience collaborating within a multi-person game studio
- Live in or around Spokane, WA or the greater PNW.
We are a startup of digital mercenaries creeping silently in the shadows to slay any project that crosses our path! We are relentless in our pursuit of making the highest quality games!
We are masterfully trained in the electronic arts with a combined nerd experience that has published 20+ video games (many of which have been in the App Store Top 10). We've killed it on projects for Disney, Pixar, Nickelodeon, Mattel, Niantic, MTV, and even made our own board games. We’ve brought together our keyboard-wielding, mouse-flipping skills to create NERD NINJAS. With each Ninja on the team averaging over 13 years of industry experience, we are a lean, agile, and elite cadre of passionate developers who are first and foremost, gamers at heart.