At Velan, we believe in maintaining a collaborative, diverse, and creative team environment and we’re looking for new team members who have a desire to help grow our studio.
If you’re an experienced Production Coordinator, we would love to hear from you!
- Support project leads to define and delineate project requirements and milestones.
- Facilitate communication and planning across project teams and sub-teams.
- Contribute to and maintain project roadmaps, backlogs, schedules, and other documentation.
- Conduct regular sprint review meetings and effective retrospectives
- Maintain sprint SCRUM boards
- Coordinate the work of cross-functional development teams to manage features and content from idea generation to in-game implementation.
- Track the prioritization of tasks
- Anticipate potential problems (e.g. resource blockers, quality concerns, and scope changes) and clearly communicate them to the Lead Producer.
- Collaborate and support in solving problems and blocking issues across the development team, including logistics (equipment, overtime meals, etc.).
- Ability to create, track, and maintain schedules across multiple teams or sub-teams
- Knowledge of software development process, project management, and agile development methodologies
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in cross disciplinary project teams
- Strong understanding of development workflows, production processes, testing, and development project management.
- At least one year of practical game development experience, including at least one completed professional, personal, or school project.
- Excellent organizational skills and a drive to keep team members working efficiently and effectively, and toward project goals.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to address large groups of people and interact regularly with project team and other internal stakeholders.
- Experience and understanding of localization requirements of different types of game assets for world-wide product releases.
- Experience with Jira for task management and bug tracking.
- A passion for games and gaming technology
- PMP Certification
Velan Studios is a small team going after multiple, bold creative new ideas. Many of us have done the large, AAA development thing for decades. But we think with a seasoned and scrappy team, we can do things differently – so every member of the team has a creative voice.
Working Better, Together
We are building an environment conducive to delivering our best work. Our office is a community that works and plays together.
- Unconventionally World Class. We embrace the unexpected. We create breakthrough games by building on our expertise and challenging conventions. We are scrappy: solving problems and inventing new experiences in audacious new ways. These unconventional approaches lead to unexpected discoveries.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity drives us and our experiences. We find energy in new ideas and approaches. We use technology and design to bring new experiences to the gaming community. We cultivate an environment that encourages experimentation and rigor. We relentlessly pursue the MAGIC.
- Respect and Responsibility. We are passionate about being an inclusive community of unique individuals. We believe in prioritizing and respecting the player. Our players’ time is valuable and we are honored that they choose to spend part of it with us. We respect the members of our team and know that they will make the right choices with our players in mind at every level.
- Community of Makers and Players. We are stronger together than the sum of our parts: we value people and perspectives. Community is a way to get things done. We seek to engage our community wherever we can in building great games. It is a springboard for innovation. It is a well of talent and a means to finding new game experiences.
A Great Place to Work and Live
Velan Studios is located in the beautiful Capital Region of Upstate New York, which includes Albany and Troy. The Capital Region is a growing tech & creative hub with a thriving video game development scene. Our offices are located in Troy’s historic downtown, which is comprised of renovated historic buildings full of new energy. The region boasts beautiful architecture, great museums, and amazing history. It’s also a very affordable city, with great events, hip nightlife and is accessible to a variety of outdoor adventures, making it a perfect spot to live.
Team up and duke it out with rival Crews in Knockout City™, where EPIC DODGEBALL BATTLES settle the score in team-based multiplayer matches. Throw, catch, pass, dodge, and tackle your way to dodgeball dominance!
In Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit, create your very own course in your home as you watch the Mario Kart come into the real world like never before! Race in different Grand Prix Cups to unlock customization options for your own Custom Race, or play with up to 3 friends as you race for the finish line.