We are producing Gate Zero – an open world adventure game set in the fascinating time of Jesus’ life. The game, based in ancient Israel, will be an immersive and innovative way to discover and learn about the Bible’s history and its revolutionary message. We’re seeking a talented Level Designer to join our creative design team. The Level Designer will ensure that the moment-to-moment traversal through the environment of ancient Israel in the game is fun and engaging.
- Execute the design direction and be responsible for designing levels and creating block outs / white boxes that fit within the historically-accurate context of ancient Israel
- Design and build level prototypes and carry them through to full in-game levels that meet the title’s aims. Utilize and expand upon its gameplay systems to surprise and satisfy players.
- Take care of enemy, loot, mission, placement and arrangement of gameplay ingredients
- Drive the creation of level content from paper design through to the final stages of polish while ensuring the requirements of the gameplay, creative, and technical stakeholders are maintained
- Collaborate with the Director, Design team and Art team throughout all production stages
- 5+ years of professional experience as Level Designer in the Games Industry with at least two shipped titles
- Strong understanding of the theory behind player motivations and overall player psychology that can be altered though proper level design
- Passionate about history and research (to maintain the aspect of historical accuracy in the game)
- Excellent sense for design and for creating outstanding user experiences
- Experience working autonomously and driving content creation within tight time constraints
- Understanding of level design principles, pacing and mission flow
- Outstanding communication and documentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Flexible and able to adapt to change
- Experience in Unreal Engine 4 or 5
- Environment concept design skills
- Visual scripting skills (Blueprints) to be able to prototype independently
- Love for games: Specifically open world and RPG titles as well as cooperative games
- Passionate in bringing the message of the Bible to a video game format
What we offer:
- Creative and inspiring work environment
- Varied, challenging and exciting work tasks
- Influence in decision-making
- Good opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive employment conditions
Required application materials:
- Cover Letter explaining why you are interested in working for Bible X
If you are a good fit, then a follow-up email will be sent your way. As part of the recruitment process, you may be asked to perform a test.
We are a small team of passionate game developers who strongly believe in the powerful medium of gaming and its role in engaging, educating, and inspiring youth today.
Our vision is to provide simple access to the most powerful message in the history of the world through immersive experiences.
Bible X is a subdivision of BCC Media that develops games and game concepts. BCC Media is a non-commercial media center that produces and distributes content with positive and Christian values.
Travel through time to ancient Israel in this compelling story-rich adventure. Explore a rich historical world as you engage with familiar events from the 1st century. Gather resources to help the locals, use stealth to avoid danger, and unlock riddles to unravel an age-old secret.