Want to make an impact at a fantastic indie studio? This is your chance.
Fire Hose Games is looking to bring on an entrepreneurial, innovative, hard-working, and experienced Marketing leader. This is a hands-on, broad-scope role with significant business impact. It includes managing go-to-market strategy, marketing channels’ growth, product positioning, branding, market research, user research, community management, PR, user acquisition, and team management.
As the Marketing Director, you'll also serve as the bridge between our players and our internal teams, ensuring that our games resonate deeply with our audience.
Our studio is fully remote, so candidates who are able to sync with a project team based in the U.S. Eastern time zone may work from anywhere. This is a full-time, salaried position.
If you’re excited about helping us continue to grow our most ambitious game yet, then we’re eager to hear from you!
- Design and lead marketing strategy and direct the execution of all go to market activities to drive player and creator awareness, traffic, installs, retention, and revenues.
- Develop product marketing, key positioning statements, branding, value proposition, and messaging strategy.
- Execute marketing campaigns across all channels, leveraging audience and network aggregation with key target audiences.
- Oversee the creation and deployment of grassroots marketing and community management programs aimed at increased engagement
- Drive adoption, engagement, and revenues with an efficient and effective marketing budget.
- Manage PR and Communications with the media and the Fire Hose Games community to develop and solidify corporate and product positioning
- Create and direct market, competitive, and user research.
- Analyze the performance of marketing programs across all channels (including ad spend) to identify the best opportunities for optimization and regularly iterate to maximize performance
- Advocate for the player community in high level design discussions and planning meetings
- 5+ years in a hands-on, Marketing Leadership role
- A proven track record marketing video games, from development, through launch and beyond.
- A passion for and deep knowledge of video games (specifically Indie) and the industry as a whole
- Demonstrated success managing a marketing budget across multiple channels to drive efficient and sustained user and revenue growth
- An excellent brand builder and storyteller; proven success crafting brands from the ground up and a track record of building brand engagement and generating business growth.
- Successfully managed campaigns using grassroots, guerrilla, and viral marketing as well as community management
- A strong background in social media marketing across all relevant platforms
- Experience working with influencers. Engaging, negotiating and managing.
- Experience serving as a liaison. Bridging Marketing efforts with internal efforts, utilizing feedback and analysis towards meaningful development insights.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills, allowing you to deliver complex information clearly to your colleagues and through marketing material
- Demonstrated effective leadership including ability to build and foster successful teams that scale
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Fire Hose Games is the Boston-based (but fully-remote) independent game development studio behind titles such as Techtonica, Go Home Dinosaurs, Catlateral Damage, and 20XX.
We pay good salaries and our generous benefits package includes health care, dental, unlimited vacation/sick time, 401(k) with matching, excellent maternity/paternity leave, and flexible work hours. Fire Hose hasn’t crunched in years and we don’t intend to start.
- We Support Our Team. Fire Hose is an inclusive, collaborative, and empowering environment where every team member has the ability to be heard and contribute. We thrive on mutual respect, kindness, and empathy, and we strive to embody those elements in all of our projects, no matter the size.
- Diversity Matters to Us. We welcome new perspectives, personalities, and practices that allow us to build better, more inclusive games. We’re committed to offering a safe work environment for our team and cultivating respect in our player communities for marginalized voices.
Our company culture is inclusive, supportive, and fun. We strongly encourage applicants with diverse backgrounds and voices to apply, and consider relevant experience in all its forms. We hope to hear from you!
Techtonica is a first-person factory building game set beneath the surface of an alien planet. Work alone or in co-op to build factories, gather resources, research new technologies, mold the destructible terrain, establish a base of operations, and uncover long-forgotten secrets.