Supercharge Interactive is a new US-based indie studio. Our first game is an innovative real-time PvP strategy game (PC/web) inspired by classic chess which has shown strong results in early playtesting. There are currently no designers on the team (though everyone is fairly design-savvy), and we're now seeking an experienced systems design contractor to help with systems and potentially level design & combat design as well.
- Work with us to pressure-test the overall design vision / pillars we have in mind
- Deliver gameplay design (systems, mechanics, parameters, from high-level big-picture down to the nitty gritty numbers and balancing) that fits the design vision
- 5+ years professional experience designing & balancing core gameplay for live PvP games (ideally PvP strategy games)
- Deep understanding of all major PvP games across major platforms, especially in strategy (e.g., RTS, MOBA, tactics games, mobile mid-core / Supercell games, CCG, autobattlers)
- First-principles mentality — our game is highly innovative and we are exploring a new genre, with limited ability to simply reuse mechanics from other games
- Great at teamwork since you would eventually be getting many opinions from other team members who have strong opinions on design!
- Location: Remote but North America or Western Europe preferred for time zone
- Duration: 3+ months with room to extend based on how things go
- Time commitment: ~Half-time with potentially to go up or down
- Compensation: $35-75/hour depending on level of experience
Send us an email with what about this excites you & your experience.