About Wolfjaw Studios
Wolfjaw Studios is an engineering-focused video game studio based in Troy, New York, that was founded by a passionate team of developers with decades of experience. Our team has been trusted to build the systems that power some of the most popular modern multiplayer games. In turn, this has enabled publishers to better engage their player base, help drive esports to the forefront of media, and further improve core game services to provide a better player experience. We work closely with studios and publishers to establish trusting relationships in order for us to deliver products and services that are unique to each of their needs.
About the Role
Our Community Management & Studio Operations Intern will have a direct hand in helping Wolfjaw develop social media strategy, enhance community engagement, foster meaningful relationships within the community, and represent our brand across various online platforms. You will also assist our Studio Operations department and have rotations with Human Resources & Recruiting, Studio Administration, and Business Development. Every intern will complete a project during their internship, TBD during your first week.
- Duration: 9 weeks in Summer 2024. This program is planned to run from June 3rd to August 2nd.
- Compensation: $25/hr. 40 hrs/week.
- This is a hybrid working position; you will ideally be able to come on-site for 2-3 days a week and participate in local events.
1. Social Media Content Creation and Management:
- Assist in developing and implementing social media strategies to increase brand visibility and engagement.
- Manage and grow the company's presence on social media platforms, including creating, scheduling, and publishing posts.
- Create engaging and shareable content that resonates with the target audience, including social media updates, videos, graphics, and more.
- Monitor and respond to comments, messages, and mentions in a timely and professional manner.
- Collaborate with the Business Development, Production and Recruiting teams to develop content calendars and ensure timely delivery of content across various platforms.
- Ensure consistency in brand messaging, tone, and visual identity across all channels, including social media, website, marketing materials, and more.
- Maintain a content library and organize digital assets for easy access and utilization.
2. Community Engagement & Partnerships:
- Assist with organizing and promoting community events and activities to foster interaction and engagement.
- Identify and establish partnerships with influencers, organizations, and individuals that align with our values and objectives.
- Collaborate with our partners and customers and their publicity and community teams to cross-promote their events, titles, and milestones.
3. Studio Operations:
- Provide administrative support to the operations team as needed and as bandwidth allows.
- Shadow Human Resources, Business Development, and Office Management personnel and assist as requested.
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- Passion for and understanding of the gaming industry and gaming culture;
- Education/background/experience in marketing, communications, journalism, PR, or related field is desired;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Enthusiasm for social media and community, building relationships, and staying up-to-date with the latest trends;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an engaging and authentic tone suitable for the gaming audience;
- Familiarity with social media platforms, gaming forums, community management tools, and social media management tools is a plus;
- Proficiency with content creation and editing tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, etc.; Graphic design experience a plus!
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Creativity and ability to think outside the box to generate engaging content.
- A keen eye for design and visual aesthetics;
- Organizational and multitasking abilities;
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy in work;
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will be a curious and enthusiastic self-starter who is looking to experience first-hand what it’s like to work in the video game industry! You should be willing to put in the time to figure things out but at the same time not afraid to consult the rest of the team for help when you need it.
- Hands-on, immersive experience in social media and community management, studio operations, and event planning within the video game industry;
- Networking opportunities with professionals in the gaming industry;
- Friendly and supportive colleagues and managers;
- Relaxed environment;
- Flexible hybrid working arrangements;
- The chance to apply your existing knowledge while gaining experience in the industry.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply directly via our website:
- Please ensure that you submit an updated resume;
- While not required, a writing sample or cover letter is desirable;
- Any samples of previous work is also appreciated.
Wolfjaw Studios is a development studio based in Troy, New York, developing online game services with a keen focus on player experience. Our team works with studios & publishers to build online features, engage players, and drive esports in dozens of titles.
We strive to make Wolfjaw the best place to work in the games industry, period. We do that by embodying values that ensure we treat each other and the players that play our games with excellence. Come join us.
- Pack Mentality. When wolves band together, the group is stronger than the individual. Wolves remain a cohesive pack through constant communication, empathy, and respect.
- Start With Players. Even though we aren’t working on our own games, we still voice opinions to our partners that put players first.
- Collective Wisdom Prevails. We know games, but our partners will always know their player base better than we will. We let the best idea survive, and no-one gets their feelings hurt in the process.
- Passion Over Experience. We believe devotion trumps a lack of experience. We want people that are flexible, adaptable, eager to learn, and want to grow.
6 Great Things About Wolfjaw Studios
We take pride in the fact that we’ve assembled an incredibly talented team. Come join us today and help our wolfpack grow by one.
- N° 01 / We believe in work-life balance before anything. No nights, no weekends, no crunch. Period.
- N° 02 / We are a remote-first studio, because life doesn’t always happen where we decide it should.
- N° 03 / Work with industry titans on some of the most innovative games on the market.
- N° 04 / Collaborate and grow with an amazing pack who wants to see you succeed in your role.
- N° 05 / Be Curious. Ask Questions. We get to tackle incredible problems and are always learning in everything we do.
- N° 06 / We celebrate wins, big and small, personal or professional.
Perks & Bennies
- Personal Time
- Work Flexibility
- Bonus Program
- 401K Matching
- Gaming Budget
Join Wolfjaw and help us ship the highest quality online experiences for our partners and their players. Every wolf helps strengthen the pack.