About Wolfjaw Studios
Wolfjaw Studios is an engineering-focused video game studio based in Troy, New York, that was founded by a passionate team of developers with decades of experience. Our team has been trusted to build the systems that power some of the most popular modern multiplayer games. In turn, this has enabled publishers to better engage their player base, help drive esports to the forefront of media, and further improve core game services to provide a better player experience. We work closely with studios and publishers to establish trusting relationships in order for us to deliver products and services that are unique to each of their needs.
About the Role
The Production discipline at Wolfjaw Studios supports internal and external teams by implementing and maintaining efficient and effective processes that ensures our process of developing games is just as amazing as the games themselves.
We're involved in almost every aspect of development you can think of, from Front End to Back End, Online Game Services to Game Clients, even Matchmakers and API Integrations.
Whatever the calling, we find the solution that our audience needs.
As a Production Intern, you will work with a team of producers and engineers assisting with organizing initiatives, scheduling work, monitoring team velocity, and removing impediments so that we can ensure that we are delivering new and exciting features to our clients on time and within budget. Every intern will complete a project during their internship, TBD during your first week.
- Duration: 9 weeks in Summer 2024. This program is planned to run from June 3rd to August 2nd.
- Compensation: $25/hr. 40 hrs/week.
- This position has the opportunity to be fully remote, but for local candidates a hybrid arrangement is also possible.
What You'll Do:
- Creating tasks and dashboards; setting up meetings and capturing notes; following up on action items; aligning on and driving towards a shared vision, ensuring overall team clarity.
- Assisting with the development of a production schedule, tracking team velocity, and informing project stakeholders of project status and risk.
- Assisting the development teams in identifying and resolving roadblocks.
- Collaborating with leads and producers to build and refine production pipelines.
- Championing production best practices with diverse teams, ensuring adherence and consistency.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Passion for and understanding of the gaming industry.
- Collaborative, and positive attitude towards what is best for the team and project.
- Critical thinking, with the ability to adapt quickly to change, communicate impact, and align with the new direction.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to cultivate productive and positive relationships with managers and peers.
- Exhibits learning agility; has the ability to think differently, and/or grasp and apply new skills and concepts.
- Approaches problems in a clear, well-organized, and solutions-oriented manner.
- Able to effectively communicate problems, solutions, needs, or priorities.
- Is engaged, seeks to learn, and is able to manage time effectively.
- A methodical mindset, driven by results and know how to get things done.
- Experience with common scheduling tools such as Jira, ClickUp, Trello is a plus
The ideal candidate will be a curious and enthusiastic self-starter who is looking to experience first-hand what it’s like to work in the video game industry! You should be willing to put in the time to figure things out but at the same time not afraid to consult the rest of the team for help when you need it.
- Hands-on, immersive experience in Production within the video game industry;
- Networking opportunities with professionals in the gaming industry;
- Friendly and supportive colleagues and managers;
- Relaxed environment;
- The chance to apply your existing knowledge while gaining experience in the industry.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply directly via our website:
- Please ensure that you submit an updated resume;
- In lieu of a cover letter, we ask that you submit a portfolio or document describing previous project work you have done.
Wolfjaw Studios is a development studio based in Troy, New York, developing online game services with a keen focus on player experience. Our team works with studios & publishers to build online features, engage players, and drive esports in dozens of titles.
We strive to make Wolfjaw the best place to work in the games industry, period. We do that by embodying values that ensure we treat each other and the players that play our games with excellence. Come join us.
- Pack Mentality. When wolves band together, the group is stronger than the individual. Wolves remain a cohesive pack through constant communication, empathy, and respect.
- Start With Players. Even though we aren’t working on our own games, we still voice opinions to our partners that put players first.
- Collective Wisdom Prevails. We know games, but our partners will always know their player base better than we will. We let the best idea survive, and no-one gets their feelings hurt in the process.
- Passion Over Experience. We believe devotion trumps a lack of experience. We want people that are flexible, adaptable, eager to learn, and want to grow.
6 Great Things About Wolfjaw Studios
We take pride in the fact that we’ve assembled an incredibly talented team. Come join us today and help our wolfpack grow by one.
- N° 01 / We believe in work-life balance before anything. No nights, no weekends, no crunch. Period.
- N° 02 / We are a remote-first studio, because life doesn’t always happen where we decide it should.
- N° 03 / Work with industry titans on some of the most innovative games on the market.
- N° 04 / Collaborate and grow with an amazing pack who wants to see you succeed in your role.
- N° 05 / Be Curious. Ask Questions. We get to tackle incredible problems and are always learning in everything we do.
- N° 06 / We celebrate wins, big and small, personal or professional.
Perks & Bennies
- Personal Time
- Work Flexibility
- Bonus Program
- 401K Matching
- Gaming Budget
Join Wolfjaw and help us ship the highest quality online experiences for our partners and their players. Every wolf helps strengthen the pack.