As an Associate Producer that is a part of the FTE team & project, you would use your passion and natural skills to help the team on a day to day basis according to plan. You would facilitate communication to maintain updated awareness across the team. As an Associate Producer you would also help maintain the schedule and make sure goals are being progressed with exemplary team awareness.
If, like us, you believe we are creating an original IP that will create fun and joy in the player's hearts and minds then please apply. We are very much looking forward to finalizing our theatrical world of puppets in the upcoming months with you.
- We agree with 99% of Earth's population that Earth is round.
- We are a premium AA+ Indie that has all the elements to become a highly recognized IP.
- Orientation period: allow yourself 3-4 weeks to become familiar with the product and team.
- We are looking for candidates that can start between now & December.
- Always remote, ideally full-time but can start as part-time
- Core team member with flexible time-management & freelance contract
- Salary: Dependent on knowledge, skill, experience level and location.
- Working with an interdisciplinary team from around the globe. Ranging from GMT-4 to GMT+4. Please do not apply if you are outside of these timezones.
We are offering You
- To be an important part of the development of Once Upon a Puppet a puzzle-platformer game with many elements that make for a memorable experience
- Be Indie and away from corporate bureaucracy and a heavy chain of command that slows down decision making & creativity.
- Be part of the core team, you will not be a cog in a machine, your voice will be heard & important.
- Your creativity will not be limited by corporate processes, only self-limited by "blue-sky" yet realistic ideas that enhance the fun and do not kill scope.
- You will work remotely and manage your own time & location to focus.
- Choose when you want to take a day off or have a longer vacation.
- We at FTE heavily promote a culture free from crunch. Do not do it, it can have terrible effects.
- Other team members will be glad to teach you or learn from you.
- Your input will have an effect on the project and its final form.
- If wanted, representing the game, team & company at game dev. events.
- You will feel you are responsible and a true owner of the game you are making.
Skill & Requirements
To thrive as a Associate Producer at Flatter Than Earth you would,
- Collaborate with the team to help establish realistic expectations for timelines, estimates and project deliverables.
- Participate in creating milestones that are tangible and satisfactory to achieve.
- Help define and participate in tracking project development.
- Be part of development efforts on Once Upon a Puppet to keep product development on schedule, within budget, and to specification.
- Facilitate team communication. Ensure a common understanding and agreement on project scope and objectives, and on any subsequent changes.
- Help run meetings with the project team to discuss status, resolve issues and share information.
- Cultivate a harmonious and cohesive team, inspire the cooperation and confidence of others and promote the common purpose of the team.
- Help distinguish between high and low priority items, focusing on areas yielding the greatest return and help make sound decisions based on what requires a sense of urgency.
- Identify task interdependencies to ensure timely and accurate content creation flow.
- Provide analysis of development tasks to facilitate decisions based on accurate and measurable information.
- 2+ years of experience in a semi-management role outside of the game industry
- 1+ years of experience as in a semi-management role within the vfx and/or game industry.
- 2+ years in the video game industry
- Comfortable with chatting with people. Choosing face to face conversation over chat messages.
- Demonstrates exceptional organization and communication skills.
- Emanates care and passion about the game/product.
- A desire to learn and be proficient outside of her/his comfort zone.
- Have grit. Perseverance. A non quitter that believes in putting extra effort into things that are new and not understood by them. Reach peaks that have not been reached before by you.
- Strong will to learn about game creation methods and how they can help during production.
- Attention to detail, timely follow-up and strong organizational skills. Strong capability to multitask and prioritize.
- Have a decent understanding of game development.
- Encourages team members to think for themselves. Help when necessary.
- Embraces being Indie. Help when and where needed.
- Excellent documentation and editing skills are required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and Google Drive suite tools.
How to Apply
Please introduce yourself and send your resumes, a short cover letter & links to any relevant info and previous games with the following email subject header:
The industry you have most exp. in. - Role/title - Full Name - Current Location & timezone
Example: CGI/VFX - ASSOCIATE PRODUCER - Johnny Bravo - Istanbul/GMT+3
To help us understand your perspective, if you can and want to please mention:
- What is your favorite part of game development and production?
- When do you prefer to start?
- How many hours of work per week would you like?
- What are your salary expectations or rate range?
- Are you currently employed or have any active contracts?
We will read carefully what you send us and reach out to you if you meet our criteria.
At Flatter Than Earth, our mission is to create whimsical video games that triple A studios do not dare to make.
We're a multidisciplinary, fully remote team that’s passionate about creating video games and help players have fun. We thrive on innovating new solutions to old challenges and we seek to rethink how interesting themes (like theater & puppets or music) can merge into games that speak to the heart, mind & soul.
Our current project, Once Upon a Puppet aims to capture the attention and unleash the imagination of gamers of all ages.
Our core values are:
They are few, but they are strong. From creating processes to decision-making and finding the right team-members, we build & see our 5 core values in every thing we do.
- Independence. Others can trust that you’ll be organized, pro-active and deliver what you agreed to and vice versa.
- Mastery. You love what you do and care deeply about the quality of your work. You’re continuously learning and pushing yourself to expand your abilities further. You're never satisfied with the status-quo.
- Communication. Your communication is spontaneous, clear, concise, and engaging whether you're explaining a complex idea or providing feedback to a teammate.
- Ambition & Balance. You aspire to put a dent into the gaming industry. To do this, you set high standards for yourself and those around you. The time you spend on work isn’t measured by quantity, but by quality.
- Impact. You're able to take a bird's eye view to pinpoint and then solve issues that have a high impact on our players, our team, and our company. You're committed to the health and success of both your teammates and Flatter Than Earth as a company.