As the Business Developer Lead, you'll use your strong grasp of business in the video game sector to help Flatter Than Earth create & execute strategies for short & long term development. We’ll rely on you to help make the right decisions for the company in terms of publishing, contracts and other. You’ll use your creativity, knowledge of the market, and strong interpersonal skills to define & execute forward thinking strategies that make sure the Company and our IP have a bright future.
Our Product that is to become widespread & played by thousands if not millions of gamers:
- [Public] Vertical Slice v0.2 was already impressing our audience, please follow link to view video: Once Upon a Puppet v0.2 (Video)
- [Private] Vertical Slice v0.95, to see the massive improvement & next level quality we have reached. Successful applicants will see v0.95 during 2nd stage interview
- Salary: Dependent on knowledge, skill and experience level
- Duration: Preferably long-term
- Working with a team from around the globe. Ranging from GMT-4 to GMT+4
Field of Activity:
- Pitch and sell our game projects to publishers and platforms
- Facilitate communication and coordinate with partners, stakeholders and the team
- Evaluate possible feasibility, profitability & risks with other departments
- Research, identify, negotiate and secure potential contracts and partnerships for our team
- Gather intelligence on industry and market trends from public and network resources
- Find ways to sustain the company’s business and create new opportunities
- Participate in finding new team members and partners, adjust contracts per individual
Qualifications and Skills:
- [Mandatory] Have 5+ years of experience in the field of Business (Video Game industry only)
- Experience in other fields and industries is a Nice-to-Have
- Hands-on experience in business development/sales (relevant experience in the games industry and especially in Premium PC/Console games)
- Experience leading an indie game studio and with the releasing process
- The latest knowledge about games, genres, platforms, and marketing
- Business creativity (having an eye for opportunities)
- Fluent business English (written & spoken)
- Ability to speak any additional foreign languages is a plus
How To Apply:
Please introduce yourself and send your resumes & video game business accomplishments via email with subject header:
- Business Lead- Full Name - Your skill level - Current Location
- For skill level choose: Student, Intern, Junior, Regular, Senior, Lead, Director or Studio/Team
To help us understand your perspective:
- When do you prefer to start? Is anything blocking you?
- Do you prefer part-time or full-time and why?
- Your rate range and if it is negotiable.
- What draws you to us and our game/IP?
- How many years of non-junior Video Game Industry/Studio EXPERIENCE do you currently have?
- How many Business Video Game EVENTS have you attended in the past 5 years? (Covid years can be excluded)
- How many Video Game DEALS have you been a major part of in the past 5 years?
Add the GDPR consent: I hereby give my consent for the information provided on this form to be held on computer or other relevant filing systems in accordance with the GDPR 2023.
At Flatter Than Earth, our mission is to create whimsical video games that triple A studios do not dare to make.
We're a multidisciplinary, fully remote team that’s passionate about creating video games and help players have fun. We thrive on innovating new solutions to old challenges and we seek to rethink how interesting themes (like theater & puppets or music) can merge into games that speak to the heart, mind & soul.
Our current project, Once Upon a Puppet aims to capture the attention and unleash the imagination of gamers of all ages.
Our core values are:
They are few, but they are strong. From creating processes to decision-making and finding the right team-members, we build & see our 5 core values in every thing we do.
- Independence. Others can trust that you’ll be organized, pro-active and deliver what you agreed to and vice versa.
- Mastery. You love what you do and care deeply about the quality of your work. You’re continuously learning and pushing yourself to expand your abilities further. You're never satisfied with the status-quo.
- Communication. Your communication is spontaneous, clear, concise, and engaging whether you're explaining a complex idea or providing feedback to a teammate.
- Ambition & Balance. You aspire to put a dent into the gaming industry. To do this, you set high standards for yourself and those around you. The time you spend on work isn’t measured by quantity, but by quality.
- Impact. You're able to take a bird's eye view to pinpoint and then solve issues that have a high impact on our players, our team, and our company. You're committed to the health and success of both your teammates and Flatter Than Earth as a company.
We at Flatter Than Earth THANK YOU and are looking forward to hearing from You! :-)
To the delight of Paris Festival attendees, our game was available to play. 9 out of 10 players finished our vertical slice (full 30 min) and had many very positive comments.
Here's a sneak peek of what was played: Once Upon a Puppet (website)